Friday, November 9, 2007

Pumpkin Festival & Spooky Zoo Sunday

Two weekends before Halloween we spent two days doing Halloween activities around town. Our local library had a Pumpkin Festival for kids over age three. Isabella and I went and listened to stories and sang songs, and she did several activities including painting a pumpkin, making a lollipop ghost and drawing a Halloween picture.
Isabella(the fairy) and the start of her painted pumpkin

A picture similar to this one was in our local newspaper!
In that picture, though, Isabella is concentrating on her drawing
so she's unconsciously sticking out her tongue
(just like her dad does when he's working hard on something)!
She really is his "Mini Me!"

The next day we went to the zoo for Spooky Zoo Sunday with some of our friends. The kids were able to wear their costumes and trick-or-treat around the zoo. Luckily, it was another beautiful day so the girls were comfortable in their costumes.

Isabella with her friends, Andre and Chloe, and a scarecrow on stilts.
Curious George made an appearance, too!

The moon bear enjoyed eating an entire pumpkin.


Isabella, Sienna, Chloe and Andre


The weekend before, our friends from Mike's MBA program came over. Isabella loves playing with Ainsley and her brother, Danny. Unfortunately, we don't get to see them very often.

1 comment:

Finley's Family said...

I just love that you have a blog now!! I feel so much more connected with what in the world you guys are up too!!!!!

We'll miss seeing you at Thanksgiving (and Christmas)- I'm attempting a turkey all by myself... I'm keeping the take out number for pizza very handy! :)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers