2007 winner! Ghosts carved by Liz.

Runner-up. Pirate carved by Mike.
Last year we both used stencils and pumpkin carving tools (thanks, Sydney!). Mike's carving won since some people thought it was scarier for Halloween. I don't remember the tally, but it was much closer last year!
2006 winner. Skeleton carved by Mike.
A close second. Bat carved by Liz.
For Halloween in 2005, Sienna was only a couple of months old and we hadn't been in our house for very long. We got lazy with the carving that year, but you can see who our pumpkin scooper was (and still is). Isabella and I scoop out the pumpkins every year. I imagine that Sienna will be more actively involved next year. Mike won't scoop out his own pumpkin because he thinks it's too gross. This is coming from the guy who gets upset when someone won't put their own bait on the hook when they're fishing. I think there should be some sort of penalty for not completing the entire pumpkin carving (and scooping) experience!
Pumpkins 2005
My pumpkin is on the top left and I just made a silly smiley face. Mike carved "#1Dad" into his pumpkin (top right). He also carved"Hi" into Isabella's pumpkin, and I gave Sienna's a happy face, too. Not very creative but at least they were carved in time for Halloween.
I don't have any digital pictures from our previous contests, but in 2003, Mike carved "Sox '04" along with a hand giving a thumbs up. As any of our local friends and Red Sox fans will tell you, the Red Sox finally won the World Series in 2004 and broke the "Curse of the Bambino." Mike is still proud of himself for predicting that win!



1 comment:
Post a Comment