It was a very windy day on Friday. The girls and I hung out at home all morning until Isabella had to go to school in the afternoon. At one point, I told Sienna to check out the trees in our backyard swaying in the wind. She said, "The trees are dancing!" A little while later I was in the kitchen when I heard a loud crack. I looked out our kitchen window just in time to see a HUGE tree limb come down across our entire backyard! Surprisingly, it missed the fence, our house, the deck and Mike's newly built shed. Thank goodness noone was in our yard at the time!
This is what is left of the tree. The entire left side of the V came down.
I had to take this picture from Isabella's bedroom window in order to get the whole limb in the frame.
Mike had an excuse to use his chainsaw.
The girls helped to stack the wood. Don't worry, the chainsaw is turned off!
Mike also got to use his ax.
Luckily, he split the wood and not his leg!
The girls had fun once I raked up all the leaves!
No comments:
Post a Comment