Twice now Elijah has gotten ahold of Sienna's art projects that had blue paint on them. Sienna learned the nursery rhyme "Jack be nimble, Jack be quick, Jack jump over the candlestick." She made a blue "candlestick" at school. We put in on the floor in the kitchen so she could jump over it while she said the nursery rhyme. I forgot about it until I looked over and saw Elijah's mouth covered with blue paint. I would have taken a picture, but I was more concerned about washing the (nontoxic, thankfully) paint out of his mouth!!!!!
Elijah's language is coming along slowly but surely. He says a handful of words.
that="dat"
this="dis"
Dada="dada"
uh-oh="ah-nnn"
Elijah is an affectionate little guy who gives lots of "hugs" (aka tackles) and "kisses" (open mouthed slobbery kisses with exposed teeth). If anyone is sitting or laying on the ground, Elijah will immediately try to get on top of that person. It's fun for the girls, but I have to be careful when immobile babies are around because Elijah will climb right on top of them, too. He either puts his head on someone's head or face or pats them on the face, but he's getting stronger so his pats are turning more into slaps. A few months ago Elijah was a crazy hair puller, but he got over that after we did a lot of modeling of gentle touches. It looks like we need to emphasize gentle touches again! He just really likes to interact with people. He especially loves big kids who will get down on the floor and play with him! Two of his favorites right now (aside from his sisters) are Isabella's friends, John and Collin.
It's hard to believe that Elijah's first birthday has come and gone and that he's well on his way to becoming a toddler!!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment