Sunday, July 5, 2009

Turkeys

After growing up in Wisconsin and then going to college in Boston, lots of people asked me if I lived on a farm. I actually grew up in a suburb of Milwaukee and did not live on a farm (and I don't, nor did I ever, own a silly cheesehead), but my parents have since moved further west to where there are more farms and more wildlife. They still don't live on a farm, but there are a few down the street including a dairy farm. My parents do get deer and turkeys that pass through their yard. This morning we saw a pair of turkeys with 12 babies in my parents' backyard. I just Googled "baby turkey" and found out that they are called poults. Who knew?!?

I think that I can count 10 of the babies in this picture. That's quite a brood!
They are heading into the neighbor's yard.
Add Image

2 comments:

mama said...

Great pics! Chloe's been reading the Laura Ingalls books and when I told her you grew up in WI I think she now believes you lived in a log cabin in the Big Woods!!

Liz said...

Something like that! :)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers