Monday, July 6, 2009

Milwaukee County Zoo

We spent a beautiful sunny day at the Milwaukee County Zoo.
After checking out my favorite animal, the gorilla, we had fun watching the baby orangutan, Mahal, swing all around his enclosure. Mahal was brought to the Milwaukee County Zoo to be paired with a surrogate mother since his mother was too young to care for him properly. He and MJ, his surrogate mother, clearly have a strong bond, and it was fun to watch the playful orangutan.
We met up with my cousin, Liz, her kids, Jack and Emma, and Liz's mother-in-law! It was great to spend some time with them!
I like to see the polar bear, but I can't imagine that he's very comfortable in 80 degree heat!
Isabella, Jack and Sienna posed on the wiggly chairs.
We actually watched an alpaca give birth! In this picture, you can see the head and front legs coming out, but they're still encased in the amniotic sac. A veterinarian came and broke the sac and helped to pull out the baby alpaca. It was quite a sight!
As you can see, we were able to get up close and personal with the lions! Very cool!
The male lion was roaring!
A trip to the zoo wouldn't be complete without a ride on the Safari Train!
The girls had fun feeding the goats. I have distinct memories of walking through this very area when I was little with my arms over my head. The goats seemed to be more aggressive then.
Here I am when I was four years old. Maybe the sheep were more aggressive. Isn't my outfit lovely?!?The girls weren't scared at all. In fact, Sienna said, "Pretend that I'm the owner."
Isabella liked feeding the goats, too.
The zoo clearly wore Elijah right out! He took a nice snooze in his stroller.

No comments:

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers