It looks like we finally have school decisions squared away for the fall for both girls. We FINALLY found out that a slot opened up for Sienna at the preschool where Isabella goes now which is what we were hoping would happen! She had a play date at school back in February, and then there was a lottery in March. Sienna was the second child on the waitlist!! We thought that a few people would back out to go to other schools but everyone paid their deposits. We had to wait for several children to be evaluated to see if they qualified for special needs to move them out of the "model" pool. Since it's an integrated program, there are peer models and students with special needs in each class. After months of waiting, we finally found out that the last two kids who were going to be evaluated both qualified for special needs, so we got a call saying that there was a spot available for Sienna. I dropped off the paperwork and deposit that same day. We're happy that Sienna will get to go to school with all of her friends since everyone else we know got in initially through the lottery. She will go to preschool three mornings a week like Isabella did last year.
Isabella had her kindergarten registration at the beginning of April and then her kindergarten screening a week ago. She met with a classroom teacher, special needs teacher, speech and language specialist and the nurse to check her height, weight and hearing. They screen all of the incoming kindergarteners to make sure they don't have any blatant needs. It turns out that there will be four full-day kindergarten classes (with tuition) and two half day classes. We chose to keep her in the half day program, and it looks like she will be in the morning class (which I preferred) based on the bus schedules. At this point it looks like I'll have three mornings next year where I'll only have Elijah! It's hard to remember what it was like to only have one child!!!
Sunday, June 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I'm so glad it all worked out! I bet Sienna is very excited to be going to the same school that Isabella went to!
Post a Comment