When Isabella was asked to be a flower girl in our friend, Becky's, wedding three years ago, I made this dress just to see if I could make a flower girl dress. I used the material from the skirt that I wore in my friend, Sarah's, wedding in 2001. I was glad that Isabella could finally wear the dress since it was way too big when I first made it!
Friday, February 5, 2010
Father/Daughter Dance
Our local YMCA and Rec Department organized a Father/Daughter and Mother/Son dance for kids in first through fifth grade. Isabella couldn't wait to go to the dance with Mike and several of her friends!
When Isabella was asked to be a flower girl in our friend, Becky's, wedding three years ago, I made this dress just to see if I could make a flower girl dress. I used the material from the skirt that I wore in my friend, Sarah's, wedding in 2001. I was glad that Isabella could finally wear the dress since it was way too big when I first made it!
This bow is supposed to go on the back of the dress, but Isabella wanted to wear it in her hair!
Mike took Isabella out for dinner before the dance.
Ready to party!
Since Lauren's older brother and sister went to the dance with their mom and dad, she came over to have a pajama party with Sienna.
They ate popcorn, snuggled up on the couch, and watched Monsters, Inc.
Isabella and Mike had a lot of fun at the dance. Mike said it could have been called "Ditch Your Dad Night!" Luckily, he knew a bunch of the other dads (and moms) from our neighborhood and from basketball. Isabella and her other first grade friends ran around, did the limbo and led a conga line around the dance floor. Afterwards, they went out for ice cream at Cold Stone Creamery. Isabella came home with a beautiful rose from the dance and chocolate on her face. She was so wound up when she got home!
When Isabella was asked to be a flower girl in our friend, Becky's, wedding three years ago, I made this dress just to see if I could make a flower girl dress. I used the material from the skirt that I wore in my friend, Sarah's, wedding in 2001. I was glad that Isabella could finally wear the dress since it was way too big when I first made it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
How sweet!!! I hope to have some Mother/Son dances to go to-something positive to having two boys (among many other things!).
I didn't realize you made that dress! It looks great!
So cute...both of them! and the dress is gorgeous!!!!! We had fun with you all today!
Post a Comment